Saturday, April 22, 2006

unbearable lightness of blogging

Flooded basement (the basement we just finished remodeling) sort of sucked the light hearted blogging spirit out of me. I'm recovering but probably only turned in the direction of, rather than actually moving towards, lightness.

I thought I'd catch up on my blog reading and in the process get inspired. But I read so much I'm now tired, a bit inspired but more tired than anything else.

One happy note: I successfully planned a family trip to San Diego during the break before summer school. I even used priceline.com to bid on a hotel stay: $70 a night for 5 nights at a Marriot 2 miles from ocean. And no we are not, if you were wondering, going to Disneyland. I'm slugging the next person who asks and then looks disappointed when I say no.

7 comments:

middlebrow said...

Disneyland = Cultural Studies opportunity

Lisa B. said...

I confess to getting more than a little fun out of Disneyland. Probably because my dad made it such a point of pride about never taking us when we lived in SoCal when I was little, that when I got to go as a teen (Mormon Night at D-land, oh so fun!), I really, really loved it. Also, one of the last times I was there, my son Isaac invented an impersonation of a velociraptor that he did all over Toon Town.

Are you sure you're not going to D-land, counterintuitive?

I hope your basement is on the mend.

Counterintuitive said...

I'm might slug MB and definitely will slug Mega next time I see them. I warned you!!!

Dr. Write said...

I'm with you. I hate DLand. But I love amusement parks. Which is why my parents took us to some other one (can't remember the name). My senior year I went to Magic Mountain, Knots Berry Farm and at least one other one in one killer senior trip weekend. Son has asked about DLand, but I think next time I'll just tell him it's closed.

lis said...

disneyland is lame, as are all amusement parks. glad you're resisting ron. and glad you're back to blogging.

middlebrow said...

Disneyland is postmodern. It's the map, not the territory.

Clint Gardner said...

I've never been to Disneyland.

How dare you think that about my parents! How dare you!

I'm getting better a punch lines, I think.