Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday's goals...

I thought about doing difficult work, stuff I've been putting off (update websites, research for a 1010 retention study, revision of a paper....), until lunch today and then rewarding myself with some sci-fi short stories this afternoon. Instead, I jumped directly to the dessert, reading Marion Zimmer Bradley's amazing "Elbow Room," a pleasurable unraveling of a story (as I noted on the contents page of my book) which starts out with a loner "womaning" a space station where her every psychological and physical need is met AND ends with self-aggrandizement and multiple personalities.

It's going to be tough deciding which of the Norton short stories not to use for my sci-fi diversity class this summer; tougher yet get myself to do the real work I've been putting off since April--maybe Monday will be the day.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Everyone needs some days where you do what you want--where you just let the day take you. Glad to hear you're enjoying the story. I loved those Marion Zimmer Bradley Arthurian things--too much, I think!

lis said...

yes, don't worry. plenty of Mondays will be in your future.