Friday, November 07, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes: youngest son on Obama

Before election:

"Will Obama make us go to school on Saturday if he becomes the president?"

After election:

"Obama made the gas prices go down" as we pull into a gas station.

***

NOTE: the forcing kids to attend school on Saturday was heard by all of my children and by my wife who works at an elementary school--one third grade teacher got the question so much the day after the election she had to assure the entire class that surely it wasn't true because the government would never spend that much more money on education.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I realized the omnipotence of Obama when talking with my daughter-in-law about the goings-on in her classroom, now that she's home with a new baby. It occurred to me that Obama could fix her problems, and I told her so. I guess we'll see, right?

Dr Write said...

I love how, with politics as all things, children become ventriloquists of their parents' ideology-- I saw this at son's school when children would say things like "I hate Obama" or "McCain is a liar." You know where they heard that....
But the going to school on Saturday was a new one to me. I guess it all depends where you live....
But maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. But I'm with the teacher. The US would never spend that much on education.
Not when we have wars to fight!