Monday, March 13, 2006

First day of spring break

Somehow it doesn't feel much like spring break. First, I just finished shoveling 6" on snow; second, I'm home on a Monday morning, as I am every Monday during the semester, grading papers, scoring a quiz, and reading student email. It might feel more like the break tomorrow except for then I must face my "To do list" which stands as the following so far:

*do taxes
*change over fridge door
*add electrical outlets downstairs and fix three-way in kitchen
*read/think about new YA lit course
*go to bike store: pedals for rd bik, shoes, new bike computer
*figure out new I-Pod (got it for 30 bucks at RC Willey after spending $600)
*read seeing and writing 3 as possible text for visual rhet class
*plan run and bike race schedule for spring and summer
*follow up on several odds and ends I've been putting off for months
*Read: Lance Armstrong's war by Coyle, Nigger by Kennedy, and Seeing voices by Oliver Sacks
*reformat home computer in order to get rid of viruses, slowing etc. Oh how I do not want to do this

May someone (God? the universal existentialist aura? THE force? whatever?) bless me to feel good about what I actually get done this spring break.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't reformat your computer, I can help you get rid of the viruses/spyware etc. without doing that. Call me

Lisa B. said...

some of your to-do list sounds good. perhaps you can structure a system of work and reward? at the very least, i hope you get a lot of satisfying sleep while on break. at this point in my life, i find sleep the most consistently rewarding aspect of vacations.