Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bloggin in my mind

After a long hiatus I finally blogged a week or so ago, which turned on the blogger thought process. Many a blog I have composed in my head over the last week or so but not a one have I written down. I don't have time to compose them all so I will ask for you input in order to help me make the crucial decision of what to blog. Here are a few blog ideas floating around in my head:

#1 "Testimony not born": after listening to several flag waving testimonies last Sunday and my Bishop's admonishment to "not question our political leaders and the war because they know things we don't," I composed a point by point (in my head) rebuttal type testimony, a testimony of protest, on several levels, as it were.

#2 "Biting off more than I can chew (pedal in this case)": one more extreme athletic event--50 mile bike ride where I got dropped from the peleton--where I overestimate my ability. Will I ever be able to concede I'm not as athletic as I think I am or that I once was and that (let those terrible words be said) indeed I am aging?

#3 "I hugged my dad twice!": Overcoming fear and trepidation, I have successfully, after 20 years of uncomfortable goodbyes, hugged my dad after our last two get togethers--my sister's wedding and a trip to the cabin.

Each blog idea sounded better in my head than it does now in bald faced type. Interesting that my three ideas are each caught up in a major theme in my life: religious anxiety, extreme exercise obsession, and father-son relationships. If I could just figure out these few issues, I think I'd be happy as a clam.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I personally would like to hear your point by point, rebuttal-type testimony. I, for instance, heard a testimony of "I know the Republican party is true" that made me want to leap out of my chair to shout "Non!" [add your own French accent]

lis said...

yes, I vote for number one.

shane said...

I'm with number one, too. I can relate to the others as well, though. I find it funny that when I hang out with my friend Marcus (who's gay) I typically hug and even kiss guys on the cheek after meeting talking with them for only a few minutes, yet whenever I hug my Dad or brothers it feels awkward.
I can relate to the aging thing, too. I've realized that I'll probably never be as good at tennis or skiing as I was a few years ago, no matter how much I practice.

middlebrow said...

I want to hear about man hugs.