Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sleepytime Summer

I'm so tired today; I just can't face the student papers I have to read so I've been blogging around. Since starting my Weber class (a TR at 7am!), I've been in constant tired mode. I leave for SLCC every MW by 6 or so in order to beat traffic. I don't teach till 9:45 but until yesterday I'd always made it to campus by 7am in order to prep and miss any traffic issues. Not sure I can keep up the early MWs with my 7am class--the last few MWs I've been zombie, nodding off while reading at 7:30 in the morning. Nodding off at this hour does not inspire confidence in oneself nor in one's ability to make it through to my last class which ends at 4.

Wonderful sleep entices yet hrs, weeks, months, a whole lifetime till we meet.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

what a sad story! I remember sleepy summers when I was teaching--come to think of it, I was about your age. Hopefully you make up for it at least a little on the weekends.

Clint Gardner said...

LB has a good picture that would fit your predicament overh here.

Too bad we can't just lay down on the ground and sleep.