Saturday, October 07, 2006

Latest celeb children's book: Little T. learns to share

I couldn't resist sharing this tid bit which came across my children's lit listserv. It takes a lot to get me to chuckle at 7:20 am on a Saturday when I'm grading student essays.

******************

Dear friends, children's literature by celebrities has risen to a new low. One Terrell Owens, Dallas Cowboys football player, has "written" a children's book to be released in November. It's called Little T. Learns to Share. Now, more interesting in my mind than the titles of subsequent books to be included in the purported series (Little T. ODs? Little T. Throws a Temper Tantrum? Little T. Gets Kicked Off ANOTHER Team?) is the question of who wrote this book for him... Well, turns out, this is a children's book with a CO-AUTHOR. Gee, why am I not surprised?

I think your fearless reporter of this interesting information is gonna go throw up...

June Harris

*******************

Actually the subtitles of his upcoming books in his "Timeout series," according to a news story I read, are "Little T Learns What Not to Say," and "Little T Learns To Say I'm Sorry." And I have to say these titles are certainly more unbelievable than the ones listed by June Harris.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

How about "Little T Learns not to be an asshole"?