Thursday, September 28, 2006

Updated Queue or "I finally updated my queue" or "too busy to create proper blog post"

In the spirit of long Netflix queues and children's films, here' my updated list for anyone (read no one) who is interested. I now have many kid films atop the list. Snow will have to come before I have time to watch my stuff.


Into the West I'm going with this one as Mega's favrite--lots of pressure on Mega
PG Children & Family Now

Lemony Snicket: Unfortunate Events
PG Children & Family Now

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
PG Comedy Now

Big Fat Liar
PG Children & Family Now

Matilda: Special Edition Just had a student present on Roald Dahl; a Brittish student with a fabulous accent. She did an amazing reading from 6 or so of his books
PG Children & Family Now

The Adventures of Milo and Otis
G Children & Family Now

When Dinosaurs Roamed America
NR Documentary Now

Pride and Prejudice The supposedly inaappropriate for kids one
PG Romance Now

The World's Fastest Indian
PG-13 Drama Now

Open Range What can I say? I'm on a Robert Duvall kick.
R Action & Adventure Now

My Bodyguard This film really got to me as a kid but I'm afraid it won't live up to expectations now
PG Drama Now

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
R Drama Now

Born Into Brothels
R Documentary Now

Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein
UR Comedy Available on Sep 30, 2006

Unknown White Male
PG-13 Documentary Now

Elling
R Foreign Now

Carol's Journey
NR Foreign Now

El Bola
NR Foreign Now

Dead Man Walking Why is this on my list? I've thought about it, picked it up, put on list so many times; it just never seems appealing in the moment
R Drama Now

The Magdalene Sisters
R Drama Now

Iron Jawed Angels
NR Drama Now

The Great Santini
PG Classics Now

Three Times
NR Foreign Now

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
PG-13 Action & Adventure Short Wait

An Inconvenient Truth I know this film will depress me but must see it
PG Documentary Nov 2006

A Scanner Darkly

4 comments:

Clint Gardner said...

Move Great Santini to the top. I don't know why I recommend that, but I do.

Lisa B. said...

I want to know what you think of Into the West. It's wonderful. I have watched it many a time, and there are little phrases and so on that I still use from that film. My kids all--all!--loved that movie.

I do concur that The Great Santini is totally worth your time.

Counterintuitive said...

I've seen the Great Santini several times; we actually used it at Mt High (the alternative hs) in order to discuss emotional abuse and father/son relationshhips.

I was thinking of watching it with my oldest son, but not sure about what he will think; hence it's low queue placement.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say that Pride and Prejudice is inappropriate for children. I just haven't made it available for my own children for my own very Jasna-esque reasons.

You really ought to consider "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg". Its a really great film. And if you don't believe me, Terry Gross lists it as one of her top 5 important films (Variety.com pushy questions for Terry Gross). But like many "one of a kind" movies, you'll either love it, or hate it. I loved the music, I loved the bright colors, I loved the costumes, I loved the French very understated acting, I loved the story, and I loved the ending! I cried and cried at the end.