Sunday, February 15, 2009

Living Room Make-Over

The images below tell part of the story but leave out one crucial detail: Alison, home remodler extraordinaire. This was her idea; her vision; her planning; her kick to my butt; her sweat, toil, and many hours painting, caulking, and moving me along.







Are we sure we want to do this??















Shit, I hope we can put this back together again.







How to get down the rest of these cinder blocks...they all came at once and just about crashed into our basement.

















Two truckloads later we are done; if I see another brick, I will puke.









Hey, this looks like something. Thanks to John our contractor: the man with the know-how and the patience to talk through each detail.

















How do you like that?














A Mantel! Sweet relief.












A few early knick knacks

6 comments:

Dr Write said...

Nice work. I am very impressed.

Lisa B. said...

Cozy. Very attractive room!

Darci said...

I've been waiting for these pics. I love it, can't wait to see it in person! (hey we need some help with our basement, interested??)

middlebrow said...

It's time for you to take those skills and come to my house.

HH said...

Oh... My... Wotan (god)! That is friggin' awesome! Ron and Allison... Go! That is WONDERMOUS! Y'all for hire? Angie and I need to see it IRL.

Trav

Counterintuitive said...

Remember all complex work (except my wife's design work) was done by our 60 something "contractor" who has helped us remodel most of our home.

I was nervous my pictures would draw attention away from my previous post posted the day before. Or maybe the post is just lame. But if anyone cares to comment on Harry Potter or esp The Stand by Stephen King, check it out.