Friday, April 30, 2010

Wordpress down

and why is this important? well my students are submitting their portfolios today which are hosted on wordpress. I'm supposed to be grading--not that I was mucho excited about that as grading sucks and I'm not feeling so great either. still I feel I'm being held captive by wordpress. WORDPRESS GODS PLEASE FIX YOURSELF!!!

What to do, what to do???

*eat lunch--definitely

*keep reading new YA SF novel by corey doctorow about cyber hacking teens fighting a police state in SF--definitely

*worry about not grading and the state of wordpress--unfortunately

*read blogs and other sundry Internet material--I don't think so it makes my head hurt

*ride my bike--probably not as it is lightly snowing and my head is increasingly hurting

*write a thoughtful blog post on something--neh, I'm too tired

*clean the house/do some laundry etc--probably since the wife is working full-time for the census and I promised I'd pick up the slack

Nifty, innovative idea to have students post final portfolio in off-campus Internet site seems now kind of lame.

6 comments:

middlebrow said...

Just checked Wordpress. It looks fine. Back to grading sir!

Counterintuitive said...

yeah, it was only down for like 10 minutes--what a rip off.

middlebrow said...

I know, you just can't depend upon technology to completely fail for long periods of time any more.

Lisa B. said...

I got all panicky reading this post, then came to the comments to find this state of affairs: WordPress fixed. Okay then.

I'm still not grading until Monday. Well, not much anyway.

Dr Write said...

Yes, I've decided not to grade until Monday. I did some pre-grading figuring out of grades, just so I don't waste time grading stuff for people who will fail anyway.

lis said...

my students don't turn in stuff till monday. i'm nice like that.

good that grading saved you from that doctorow book. it sucks. entertaining, but crap writing.