Tuesday, November 23, 2010

BSG is over

I just finished the last 14 minutes of Battlestar Galactica as I ate my lunch--the last 14 minutes of the entire series. And let me tell you my friends that I am sad, sad of heart and mind. How can it be over already? What will happen to Admiral Adama without Roslin? Will the Cylons attack again? How will the humans and Cylons live together?

Rarely have I been so caught up in a series. And, sadly, I'm sure it will be a long long time before I find something as good. Thanks to Dr. W and Middlebrow for hooking me up though now you are responsible for my withdrawals.

BSG you were so frakking good!

6 comments:

middlebrow said...

I agree, the best frakking sci-fi show ever. Once life had purpose and meaning, but post BSG, who knows?

Lisa B. said...

Although I have not watched one millisecond of BSG, I am with you in sympathetic withdrawals. Nice to know there's a whole series I haven't watched that so many of my friends and compatriots think of so highly. It's like having food storage. TV storage.

Dr Write said...

Agreed. Once it's over, you sort of wish you had never seen it so you can watch it again for the first time. The only other series I feel this way about is "Arrested Development."
It is by far the best SF series. Ever. And one of my favorite TV shows ever. Glad you enjoyed it. In time, these questions will fade.

lis said...

I love BSG, so much I can hardly stand it sometimes. I did not, however, like the last episode. not one bit.

shane said...

Try Madmen.

Counterintuitive said...

Dr. W: I do wish I'd never seen it so I could start with episode #1 right now.

Lis: I'd heard a negative review of the last episode months ago so I didn't expect much. though just learned that I should have watched the actually DVD for the last episode because the streaming version doesn't include like 20 minutes of footage. crap.

Shane: have heard good things about Madmen and always meant to watch it though it ain't SF--can't believe there's already a 4th season.