Monday, March 14, 2011

A sprinkle of grading

Spring break is wonderful even with a sprinkle of grading to finish up the day:

  • first bike ride of the year with Ali yesterday (she did take crash but recovered and got back on the horse)
  • reach 200 books on my Goodreads account though I cheated by adding 30 Three investigator books from my youth--but hey I loved these books and they had to go on the list
  • Read a good sized chunk of The Pesthouse by Jim Crace, a post-apocalyptic journey novel. Kind of similar to The Road in content though not style.
  • finished Waltz with Bashir, an intriguing/disturbing animated film about a Jewish soldier who has lost his memories of serving in Lebanon
I will leave you with one of the most compelling/haunting images from Waltz...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a haunting image, especially for your mother. It was fun seeing you all yesterday. Love, Mom

SH said...

reminds me I need to get back in the pool (but I'll wear a swim suit and leave the little clinging man at home).

It's already spring break for you! Lucky! Looks like you're using it well.