Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Soaking up the sun at Snow Canyon and Zions


A little amateur photography by the youngster at Snow Canyon: Long stick of wheat grass against rocks...or something like that.



Less known yet just as beautiful Snow Canyon.



Mini-desert lakes: Snow Canyon



Resting on the first set of switchbacks towards Angel's Landing and only photo we got of Hana hiking.




We are actually heading down here, but forgive the chronology: the last section of switchbacks before it really got steep.



Gives me goosebumps and shivers, both the good and bad kind: that's not merely a beautiful landscape behind us; it's the trail we just came up.




Last half of Angel's Landing: aren't trees amazingly resilient?




This was a good idea, right?



On top of Angel's Landing there was just enough snow to make one nervous.


Seth on top of Angel's Landing gaining a few more feet of elevation than the rest of us.



4 comments:

radagast said...

Makes me queasy just looking at those Angel's Landing pictures! Because of the heights, I mean. Nothing to do with your lovely family.

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. It helps me understand more how getting away with your kids while you have the chance is a good idea. I love your family to have good times. Love, Mom

SH said...

Angels Landing is so amazing and breathtaking (especially if you make a wrong move or get careless). I haven't dared it yet with youngsters. Looks like you have a great time. These kind of trips are priceless and the effects on the kids so far reaching.

Beautiful pic's CI, thanks for sharing.

shane said...

I've only been once, and I didn't see much. Your pics make me realize I need to plan another trip there.