Saturday, August 19, 2006

The magic bullet

I rejected my youngest son's requests to play a game--I'm furiously trying to revamp syllabi and update the 1010 website for the fall. It took several rejections before he gave up, but once he did give up I began to worry about what he was getting into. Turns out he was watching the magic bullet infomercial (the little blender). I asked him why he was watching this particular program.

"Because it's about food" he replied.
"Oh, so are you planning to make up some of that food?"
"Maybe when I'm 12 or 11 or 13. This is my two times [he meant "second"] watching the blender."

He's still soaking up cooking ideas and I'm...well, not really working on my syllabus. One knows your self-respect as a parent is shot to hell when you are blogging and your 5 year old is watching an infomercial.

2 comments:

Dr. Write said...

The infomercial is better than cartoons. I'm not working on my syllabus either. So there's that. Instead, I want to make pie.

Lisa B. said...

I want to make cake and zucchini bread muffins. Also roast tomatoes. Also watch tv.