Wednesday, August 02, 2006

This could have been posted on the Osterblog

While getting my second massage of the summer from the LDS primary president in our ward (bet you wouldn't have guessed that), she mentioned that she was Greg Ostertag's message therapist for three years. Among other tidbits she told me that one of the first things Greg made clear was this, to paraphrase: "Look you may have heard a lot of criticism about me not living up to expectations and getting crap from Karl Malone, but the deal is basketball is like 4th or 5th on my list of priorities. Family, playing golf...are more important and enjoyable to me." I kind of respect his honesty--could be interpreted as an excuse but doesn't seem that way to me.

She also gave Antoine Carr a massage but only once--said he never took his shades off and was basically an ass. I supplied the word ass for her as she is, of course, our primary president.

Wow: three posts in a day. They've been building up over the last week.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I think Ostertag admitted as much in the press. The big question was, who decided to pay the big $$ to this guy? They must have been hoping his priorities would change. But no. And, actually, no hard feelings--I always kind of liked the guy, as a guy, whatever you could tell about him given that he was a pro athlete.

Counterintuitive said...

I just thought it was interesting that he felt obliged without any prompting to share this with his massage therapist--must have felt a lot of pressure. My massage therapist said he was a great family guy, always kind to her.

middlebrow said...

This drives me into a wild rage. the f*&%#@!er had potential to be a good center. But no, it's a center-poor league, so he can get soft and coast. I have to stop. It's making me mad just writing this comment.

Clint Gardner said...

This was my non-insiders view assessment on the defunct Osterblog. O has no soul.