Saturday, January 06, 2007

Ramen Noodle XI

I was just reading a chapter out of Charlotte's Web to my 5 year old son. We got started on it after we went to the movie over the Christmas break. It's been fun because looking for the book and then starting it has opened up a whole new world of reading books for my son--we grabbed up Paulsen's Hatchet, a Roald Dahl, and The Indian in the Cupboard. Reading a book to my son is the epitome of what fatherhood is all about for me. Tonight I got an extra laugh as we finished up chapter X. At first I wasn't sure what he was saying,

"What Ramen noodle is that?"
"Well, Templeton just ate a noodle out of Wilbur's slops."
"No, which Ramen noodle is that?" as he pointed at the next chapter.
"Ah, Roman numeral you mean?"

Doesn't get any better than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well considering the father of all Ramen noodles died today (yesterday?) you should find this childish comment as prescient.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I feel counterintuitive should begin his elegy to the father of all ramen noodles with a poetic version of his son's misprision.

Glad yr back blogging!