Thursday, July 12, 2007

Kitschy Kitty

There is a little kitty biting my toes under my desk. While I'm not much of an animal lover and I basically think it's unethical to intentionally allow your cat to get pregnant or impregnate (I'm not sexist) another cat, little kitties are amazingly cute and curious.

To be fair to me, it was my daughter's idea and how could I deny her?



Or his face? (a close 2nd in pleading for a kitty)

It's a beautiful kitty, you have to admit.




Once we took it home, it took to my son's favorite stuffed animal (Rabbi); in fact she tried to nurse from Rabbi.



From God to kitschy little kitties. Evolutionary predisposition binds believer and non-believer together whether they can agree on anything else or not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Enjoy scooping litter, it's my favorite chore, let me tell you.

spontaneous expressions said...

awwwooooooohhh. He's so cute~!

Counterintuitive said...

It's actually a she; her name is, following the tradition of naming our cat's after Miyazaki characters, Sen (the little girl in Spirited Away).

And though our two cats have a common name (our adjult female is Kiki from Kiki's delivery service), Kiki is having nothing to do with Sen--hisses and swipes all around. The last time we tried to introduce a new cat to Kiki, Potsu (the boy from Miyazaki's Castle in the Sky,) she rejected him and eventually we gave up.

Hoping for a better turn out. Sorry to go on about this--but I just sprayed Kiki with a water bottle after she hissed. Anyone know of other techniques to modify these territorial tendencies?

Anonymous said...

Burlap sack, a brick, and a strong rope sure solve all those territorial tendencies.

STG72861

Counterintuitive said...

Thanks Neighbor

Lisa B. said...

so very very cute. I bet it won't take too long for both cats to settle in.