Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Printer Demons

Why do printers refuse to delete unintentional print jobs (like a 55 pages pdf file which you meant to print one page from)?

Why do printers not listen to me when I scream loudly to stop-stop-stop the fuck printing? no more, no mas!!

Why have I had like 102 bad experiences with printers which date back to the early 90s?

Why when I click on delete print job and cancel print jobs does it keep printing?

Why haven't I figured out how to put our home printer on a network so I wouldn't have to plug into said printer every time I need to print something?

Why do I always forget, when taking my laptop to the printer, to disconnect my I-pod which goes a flyin and causes me to cuss loudly?

Why do printers seem to have some sort of vendetta against you when you decide to cancel a print job? "NO, I will print every god damn page of this 83 page document! And I don't care if you turn me off or unplug me or jiggle me or open me up or or scream at me--come hell or high water I'm printing this. You said you wanted it and by damn you are getting it!"

Well, looks like it's done printing. There's no ink left and, well, no paper left but at least I got that one page I needed. Kind of an expensive page when you think about it but thank goodness we have the technological capability to print, to engage in the means and production of written texts. It really makes me feel like breaking something.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I feel you, my brother.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like inanimate objects are out to get you; could be the bad language that you use when speaking to them ....

Anonymous said...

..... I used to thump my computer a couple times right upside the big old fat monitor's head when it misbehaved. Now, I'm sorry to say, we've become a flat screen/laptop society, a softer, wimpier society, and striking one upside the head has become socially unacceptable, and also results in greater damage now than back when their faces were the front of 12"x14"x12" monitors. Damn the advances of flatscreen technology! It's forced me to become a kindler, gentler, more compassionate IT user. I hate myself a little more each day... stg72861

Clint Gardner said...

To quote a famous movie: "'PC Load Letter!' What the fuck is 'PC Load Letter?!'"