Saturday, June 14, 2008

Blogging World Predictions for 2009 (or revitalizing a silly juvenile genre just for the hell of it)

First blogger world

  1. Middlebrow and Dr. Write, after an embarrassment of riches, will shake the dust of this community college for a prestigious joint chairship somewhere in the Northwest. Incredibly MB’s desk will become a shrine for the student group he forms before leaving, "Simplicity Now!," a desk which mysteriously stays clean even when officemate and other doubters mess it up.
  2. Mega, already spending most of her time in the NW, will, as she does so well, duplicate herself and manage to maintain her current teaching position while also becoming poet laureate of the NW and Canada AND the radiant music professor in a new movie (see #3).
  3. Sig Nothing will finally tire of the noise and congestion as the 4th production of a College musical (aka high school musicales go to university) goes into preproduction and will take up Monkey Wrenching on the set in the evenings. The production will be delayed, until in an undisclosed deal Sig will become the Zac Efron for, the decidedly more intellectual HM franchise, “Teaching in College Musicale: the Remoteness of Being.”
  4. Unip and Building a rock wall will move to a remote cabin in the Canadian frontier where they will telecommute via satellite to their jobs each afternoon; climbing crags and boulders with their five children (this won’t all quite happen in 2009) will take up their mornings.

Second blogger world (in chronology not affection):

  1. Myself Undone (aka Anarchist) will create a one man play, “Freedom for: A Proustian approach to life.” It will go to Broadway where in an interview Undone will respond to questions about his ultimate purpose, “I have made to unmake; done to be undone; where I am, there is nothing.” To which mobs of New Yorkers will respond by ransacking established government and commerce to create land based, sustainable agriculture on rooftops.
  2. Happy Heretic will hit it big in online stock market trading and will change his lifestyle radically by making two instead of one trip a year to Mesquite and by donating one million dollars to a project entitled, “Merging identities: Freedom ‘from’ is for dumbasses” run by Undone, SE, and yours truly.
  3. Spontaneous expression’s (recently Disregulated) witty, hard-hitting blog will go mainstream; she will blissfully and unabashedly dance on Ellen while announcing her new blog as book, “Disregulating Yourself: The Kama-Sutra of Identity.”
  4. Paradigm Shift will want distance from his friends and family and move to Utah. Even though he will take a job which pays 200K, he humbly and helpfully will buy two homes surprisingly close to my own (one directly north of my own and another one—kind of in disrepair—in my very own cul-de-sac). He and my sis will remodel beautifully the home in the cul-de-sac, increasing the value of my own home, all the while enjoying immensely the proximity to me, and strangely enough ultimately donating the home directly behind to me.

10 comments:

Rod said...

If you know anyone who would pay me 200k to do what I do now, by all means let me know!

Also, I'm not sure that a remodel job of mine would bring anyone's home value up. There is a very good reason I'm not a carpenter.

Lisa B. said...

While I'm sure your prognosticating is completely accurate, with a margin of error of about 75%, I hope the movie deal will make me rich. Really, that's all I ask. Also, that mb and dr. write stay here, because I can't stand the thought of working at the dusty cc w/o them. Or unhip, but I am already in mourning for that.

I do, however, believe that mb's desk is a self-perpetuating organizing organism. Its order feeds on itself. It's a miracle! Perhaps I'll make a weekly pilgrimage.

shane said...

LOL! Hilarious stuff here, even if it is a "juvenile genre".

At our house concert last night, the singer suggested to the crowd that, for that night at least, we should answer the question "so what do you do?" by saying what we would most like to be doing. I wish I had read your blog entry before then. "I would write plays to help fund a “Merging identities: Freedom ‘from’ is for dumbasses” project" would've sparked some good conversation, I'm guessing.

shane said...

ps: insightful stuff you wrote over at Disregulated's place.

Dr Write said...

We are not moving to the NW!! We can't stand the rain, gray, etc. We are also addicted to your sunny disposition and the mountains, hills, outdoor activities and the "community" so important in the CC. I think maybe unhip will return to the desert, but the telecommuting will invariably be true. Telecommuting with rockwall, solar panels and beautiful children. We should be so lucky!!

lis said...

please everyone, stay here so that when I return (with my five children in tow--ha!)you will all be here to drink margaritas with me, watch dance movies, and "discourse." ci, predictions for yourself?

i love this juvenile genre. reminds me of the time I sat in a cramped tent with students in minnesota giving ourselves fortunes with playing cards.

Counterintuitive said...

I wish I'd thought of your phrase mega: "self-perpetuating organizing organism" to refer to MB's desk.

To Unhip: not nearly as fun thinking about my own future even if for fun. Maybe you can offer a prediction for me.

Clint Gardner said...

This is exactly what will happen if High School Musical returns to my hood. I already have bags of sugar stocked away for it.

Who the hell is Zac Efron?

HH said...

I laughed so hard I peed a little.

HH =)

spontaneous expressions said...

oh Ron...obviously you've never seen me dance.