Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Never, even if....

NEVER, even if the kids or other car occupants are screaming, even if you feel you can't go on, even if your head aches and your gut is growling, even if you've driven down the same street 12 times, even if your spouse threatens divorce, even if the meter's on empty, even if you may inadvertently scream: "where @$*&# do you want to eat then??", even if you have hit the wall, even if you may never go on a vacation again, even if every restaurant is closed because it's Sunday and only Mormons live in that town, NEVER EVER settle for the JB's off Bluff Street in St George.

I've never paid for worse food and service in my life--the beets were a light orchid purple, the lettuce wilted, each dressing and liquidy salad had a 1/4 inch film AND never was a refill on water offered even though we were the only other table.

Lesson learned: do not, as I often do on vacations, get so focused on eating at unique restaurants unattainable at home that one loses sight of the bigger picture--purchasing edible food which leads to sustenance. If you can't find unique and interesting, move onto reliable, rather than settling for whatever happens to be in front of you at the brink of utter frustration.

Consider yourselves warned.

3 comments:

Darci said...

You should know better than to eat at a JB's anywhere. I could have given you several other options in St. George, remember your sister who used to live there, and not one of them would have been JB's! Better luck next time, see you this weekend : )

Dr Write said...

This sounds so like me, where I get so pushed to the edge of hypoglycemia that I will accept any food. Just food! This even happens to us in our own home town.
I try to always travel with snacks so I don't make it to this point. But, sadly, I often do.
Sorry this happened to you. I hope you don't swear off vacations and that you don't get divorced.

Lisa B. said...

I believe that I have supped at this very restaurant and I totally support your advice. Nothing should entice you to eat at such a place, and especially at this one. Good luck at rebuilding trust after this horrible, horrible debacle. My condolences.