Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Taxes done

By the numbers

1300 amount of federal refund (must decrease amount of money coming out)

267 amount owed to state

16 times I praised TurboTax

17 times I uttered "Fuck" under my breadth

1 stamp used

1 envelop used (I no longer understand how these work)

23 times I had to get up a look for some number or form

3 days to complete (not continuous of course)

10 days between completed taxes and actually printing payment coupon and sending in money to the state

26 times I reminded myself to send in state payment before I actually did it

1 utterance of joy--yipeee!!!!

6 comments:

Dr Write said...

1 jealous friend
I have to do them this weekend. I think I will have to lay in supplies for margaritas in order to begin, sustain and finish.
Congrats.

lis said...

oh god, the horrors. I keep forgetting that i need to do this asap.

Lisa B. said...

Well done you. We're still in the "we've got to get started on the taxes" phase. But then, we always have to pay, so what's the hurry.

Darci said...

You do know my husband could have done all of that for you but then what would you blog about.

Rod said...

Just think, I do taxes all day, every day. And 12+ hours a day in April.

Counterintuitive said...

Of course, Rod, you actually understand taxes and numbers and such.