Saturday, July 31, 2010

If I were sane

I should really get ahead today but I won't. Instead we biked nearly 50 miles (and I think it counts for 50+ as it included the very long, steep ascent to the LDS Bountiful temple). Now will shower (yes I am sitting in my office chair and writing in my unwashed stinky cycling jersey--had to ice my hip man!), then go eat at the Buddhist Temple (yes they do have a Buddhist Temple in Layton), then eat some ice cream and berries because everything will taste delicious after our 3 hr ride this morning (one of THE reasons I exercise), then will think about reading something like the Icelandic novel HighTouch recommended but I won't because I will be so tired (or maybe I will read 2 pages before my eyes...start....to....slowly...shut), then I'm not sure what I will do--certainly it won't be of the getting-ahead nature though as by then I will be too tired to do anything worky (btw the reason I should get ahead is because the work, ah the work of grading and the hiring committee, will come crashing down on monday so if I were sane I would try to get just a little bit ahead but I won't).

3 comments:

Darci said...

Sounds like a busy day!

Lisa B. said...

Sir, I do not envy you. I am having similar thoughts about getting ahead, but I have no grading nor hiring committee on the agenda. I am weary in your behalf.

SH said...

I think what cures insanity is a nice chunk of garlic nan wouldn't you say? If we can fit it in between 50 milers and Redwoods excursions.