Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Top 10 reasons why I can't get my blog up (to date)

10. Unsure of my presence in the blogosphere

9. A quickie entry won’t due: I need 40 minutes to do it right

8. I keep spending time with other blogs rather than mine

7. Nervous about unexpected intruders

6. Overwhelmed with numerous New Year’s resolutions that are already in the shitter

5. All my extra energy is spent on maintaining some sense of order to the beginning of the semester

4. Performance anxiety after the long break

3. January/winter blues and dysfunction

2. Fear of commitment to any particular individual idea

1. Other blogs seem so much bigger and better

7 comments:

Shining Love Pig said...

To be honest, I sometimes think I`m hollering into an Internet sized bucket with my blog...but it`s fun, and my mum likes it.

lis said...

my blog's lame, but I keep writing. that's the beauty of the blog, right? no peer reviewer, no editor. . .

Nik said...

Yes. Except 7. Which I don't worry about because of 1-6 and 8-10.

Lisa B. said...

See, how hard was that?

[not blog therapy--blog chiding.]

Dr. Write said...

Whose blog is bigger or badder than yours?

shane said...

I hope my "invasion" didn't contribute to reasons 10 and 7. As for the rest, sounds like the perfectionist bug has got a hold of ya. I hate when that happens.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the blog therapy, ron. I was raised by a social worker, so sometimes I just can't help it! What I meant to say was: My blog is is bigger and better than yours!! lis (the thing won't let me log in as my blogger self).