Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mission accomplished: HP I thru HP VII


Today we finished the entired HP series. I can't exactly remember when we started reading but it I believe it was either last summer or at the beginning of the school year 08-09. By the numbers:
  • 4224 pages
  • 7 books
  • 6 AR tests--Andrew passed them all and surpassed his AR goal every term (he already asked if he should take a test on book #7 next yr)
  • countless hours reading
  • 203 threats exactly: "if you don't hurry and get your teeth brushed, no Harry Potter" (How ever will I replace this threat?)
  • several reading marathons when we hit exciting sections
  • Many favorite memories: explaining snogging, various discussions attempting to figure out Snape's allegiance, talking about how much we loved the series





Reward for reading to the end: the much anticipated photo of my left ear (unfortunately it's not a great photo, but hey you get what you get). BTW I'm open to suggestions on what type of earring I should put in after my stud wearing time is over--stud! see I told everyone earrings were for men.


2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

freaking momentous, finishing that series. I totally felt bereft--thrilled, but bereft.

Thank you for the picture. I don't know about what kind of earring to wear, but I can make a suggestion about what NOT to wear--a big gold hoop, pirate-style. Unless you've got the hook, the hat, and the eyepatch to go with.

Looks good, in all seriousness. I will be interested sometime to have a conversation with you about how it signifies to you personally--I remember when I got a third piercing, I had a very concrete idea about what it meant, and it still means that to me.

shane said...

i used to think that the books were always better than the movies. but now i think it depends on what you see first. i read the first hp book after seeing the first three movies, and it just didn't do it for me. but i love the movies--and, as i've said before, i hate the fact that i love them.

i saw the latest in columbia, all in spanish without subtitles. i understood maybe forty percent, so i'll have to see it again.

ps: love the earring!!!