Monday, July 18, 2005

Bladders and Dreams

I didn't sleep so well last night. My deteriating bladder woke me up four times. Don't know what's up as I didn't drink a late night coke or coffee. I guess, as my sister-in-law told me today, at our age we start a long journey of doctor visits where they remove bad stuff and try to fix broken stuff. How exciting. My point: when I get up a lot I tend to remember what I was dreaming about. Sometimes my dreams are a mishmash of images and people but last night my dreams were clearly centered on current worries:

New Rooms: In this reoccuring dream, I realize that our house has this whole new part to it that we (don't ask me how) didn't realize it had. This new room is expansive, the very kind of room I've been recently wishing our stupidly laid out 3,000 square ft house doesn't have, the kind of room which can hold a ping-pong or pool table. This dream replayed after one of my peeings but on the 2nd go around the big, yet dank and dusty, room led to an even bigger room. This room was huge, like ballroom huge, with marble walls and pillars. Boy was I excited and then promptly disappointed when I awoke.


I had another great example but I realized it wouldn't be too wise to share it online--never know who is reading this stuff. Probably about two people but ya never know. My first experience with online safety self-censorship.

May my bladder hold tonight.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I think the dream about a whole new part of your house that you never knew about is a fairly common one. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it means. I think one standard Jungian thing is to say that everything in the dream is part of the self, even other people. So put that into your pipe and smoke it.

Counterintuitive said...

So these new rooms are like undiscovered caverns of my soul? I'm not convinced. I didn't even start having this dream till we moved to this house. I'm always up for a "deeper" reading but I think in this case I just want a room where I can put up damn ping-pong table. How is it that I bought a 3'000 ft square house and I still don't have room for a ping-pong table? And the ping-pong table was even free!?!