Monday, July 11, 2005

I ... Love .... Lance

My best friend M. often refers to Bruce Springsteen as merely "Bruce" as if he knows him personally or something. It kind of bugs me but I'm beginning to get a sense of why he might do this. The Tour de France is in full swing and for the first time since my days at BYU on-campus housing with free cable, I'm watching the Tour de France live on OLN. I switched my cable option to include OLN just a day before the Tour started, a huge move for my normally tight wad self. So, I'm like a Tour junkie. I taped all 5 hrs yesterday and then watched it throughout the day. And I just can't contain myself as I wait for the real race to begin in tomorrow, the big mountains where "Lance" should prove he is yet again the top rider. I know some have begun to wonder about Lance ("he must be taking drugs" or "Sheryl Crow???") but if one takes the high road with Lance, you might as well give up all professional sports, not to mention reading novels, visiting art museums, or listening to classical music. I'm not into Lance's character, I'm into his body (bring on all sexual innuendos--I don't care). He's simply amazing. I'm no cyclist but I've done some riding (once I limped through a 100 mile ride which wasn't even a race) and I just can't believe what he has been able to do in the Alps for the last 6 years.

Good luck Lance. I'm watching your every move.

1 comment:

middlebrow said...

Yes! Welcome to the blogsphere mr. counterintuitive. I will add you to my all-important, highly influential list of blog links.